1. What attracted you to the sport of skydiving?
DB: I had grown up around the sport, going to the drop zone almost every weekend with my father. I was originally amazed by camera work, especially that of Norman Kent. Later I saw some of the Golden Knight videos of 4 way and 8 way and was even more impressed by that.
2. What influenced you to actually make the phone call to make your first skydive?
DB: I guess I did not have to make a phone call for my first jump. My father took me on my first two tandems when I was 16 and then I started AFF shortly after that.
3. What’s the most memorable skydive you’ve ever been on?
DB: Recently completing the 100 way Jewel in Arizona at the Airspeed Challenge was pretty amazing. Only the second time that formation has been built, from my understanding.
4. Who / What inspires you?
DB: Great people that live for what they want to do.
5. Of the places you have visited – what is your favorite place and why?
DB: New Zealand would have to take the top. It was an amazing experience to be there. I would go back if I could. The landscape and the different activities I got to do while I was there were incredible.
6. What other interests do you have outside of skydiving?
DB: I would really like to get back into Rock climbing and hiking. I like to be outdoors. Fast cars have always drawn my interest ever since I was young as well.
7. What is something about you that few people know about?
DB: I had the stickiest bowl cut ever in 5th grade.
8. What’s on your “bucket list”?
DB: I would like to be able to fill up my passport with stamps from different countries before I have to renew it.
9. What do you do for work? If you could do anything as an occupation – what would it be?
DB: I am full time skydiver. I coach, organize, instruct and everything else in between. Later in life I would like to own/run a large dz.
10. What are your future goals?
DB: To become a World Champion and hold the Ottley Sword.
Copyright © 2018, Skydive Carolina, All Rights Reserved.
DropZone Web Design & Marketing by Beyond Marketing, LLC